- The Fabrication Specialist will work in the Model, Machine, and Fabrication shop, and with its personnel supporting research facilities and combustors in an industrial setting.
- Responsible for the non-engineering shop level design, layout, fabrication, installation, maintenance and repair of industrial equipment and systems, as well as custom proto type devices.
- Work closely with other trades and technicians, often helping them complete their projects as needed to meet schedule requirements.
- Research, specify, and process procurement documentation needed to order material to meet project objectives.
- Control inventory of basic stock material, tooling, and hardware needed to perform work.
- Manage all aspects of work flow through the Fabrication Shop.
- Insure the Shop Services Request Forms are completed and submitted properly.
- Layout, design, fit-up, bending and installation of stainless steel tubing and pipe on sizes 1/8 inch to 10-inch.
- Design and layout of custom transitions fabricated from stainless steel duct work, metal, aluminum, plastic, wood, etc.
- Complex sheet metal fabrication, design and installation.
- Fabricate environmental chambers from Plexi-glass, aluminum and stainless steel.
- Design and fabricate custom aluminum diamond plate instrument enclosures.
- Fabricate intricate sampling apparatus from stainless steel.
- HS diploma and Trade School.
- 10 Years Stainless Steel Fabrication experience.
- CAD/CAM experience a plus.
- Experience or working knowledge of welding stainless steel, aluminum and carbon steel. Both intricate and structural welding on all metals is required.
- Experience using Swag-lock fittings and tube bending as indicated on PID drawings.
- Must be able to fabricate from a design, drawing or a researcher’s concept or idea.
- Ability to communicate plan and required work to shop machinist, welder, and general technicians.
- Ability to operate or willing to learn how to operate all shop machines and equipment including; brakes, CNC milling machines, CNC Lathes, CNC plasma cutting table, standard milling machines and lathes, grinders, sanders, welders, drill presses, band saws, power tools. All associated wood shop equipment including table saws, panel saws, and miter saws etc.
- Working knowledge of other trades and skills, such as: electrical, machining, welding, pipe fitting and shop operations in an industrial setting.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed