CSS-Inc. seeks to hire a full time Coral Program Coordinator (CPC) to be located at the Puerto Rico Department of Natural Environmental Resources (DNER), Bureau of Coasts, Reserves and Refuges. The CPC will help the Puerto Rico Point of Contact (POC) for the NOAA Coral Reef Conservation Program (CRCP) strengthen, coordinate, and implement Puerto Rico's Coral Reef Management Program. The CPC will also help the POC implement a cohesive approach for implementing science-based initiatives to manage and mitigate impacts to Puerto Rico's coral reef resources.
- Provide support to the Puerto Rico Coral Reef Program POC
- Oversee performance and completion of Tasks and activities specified in Puerto Rico's Coral Grant Cooperative Agreement;
- Manage all Puerto Ricoâ€™s Coral Reef Program Grant awards through the NOAA Grants Online system
- Prepare and evaluate project proposals associated with coral reef conservation and management.
- Develop and submit all post award action requests related to Puerto Ricoâ€™s Coral Reef Cooperative Agreements
- Provide management and scientific advice in the formulation of coral reef and associated coastal ecosystem management projects
- Coordinate and attend meetings as appropriate, including conference call
- Convene and consult with DNER Coral Reef Advisory Committee to implement Puerto Ricoâ€™s Coral Reef Program.
- Participate in workshops on coral reef conservation and management issues
- Coordinate with federal and state agencies to develop and implement initiatives for conserving, protecting, and managing Puerto Ricoâ€™s coral reefs
- Assist with implementing activities associated with the Local Action Strategies (LAS) and the Coral Reef Capacity Assessment.
- Promote interactions among NOAA's Management and Fisheries Liaisons and Coral Fellowship recipients.